Women are known to look and evaluate all aspects of their bodies. A woman’s face has many parts that can be enhanced through beautification methods. Applying makeup is important for some women and this is an act that can be gratifying when done properly. For women, makeup is like art which is applied on a canvas, which is a woman’s face. Studies have shown that women become more attractive when they enhance their eyebrows. At present, one of the most popular ways of treating them is through henna eyebrows, or referred to by others as henna brows. This article will be discussing more about this popular treatment and the average cost of a henna brow treatment.
What Are Henna Brows?
There is a wide variety of eyebrow treatments available on the market. This happened due to the clamor of women to find ways to continually enhance their eyebrows to improve their appearances. There are treatments that may give women some feeling of pain just like microblading, micro-waxing, and threading. These treatments may not bode well with women who have low thresholds for pain.
Henna brows treatment, on the other hand, is painless and delivers spectacular results. Henna brows are plant-based alternatives to traditional eyebrow tinting. Henna brows do not have any components made of chemicals that may be dangerous to a person. They do not contain ammonia or lead. The most famous plant used to create henna brows is Lawsonia Inermis. It is the source of the henna dye. One of the great things about this product is that it only needs warm water to activate. This means that there is no need for unnecessary oxidants during the application process.
The Process Of Applying Henna Brows
Before one can be treated with henna brows, there is a need for patch testing to be done. This is done to ensure that you will not have an allergic reaction to the product. You will be required to go to the salon 24 to 48 hours before your scheduled treatment so that you can proceed with your patch testing. This process involves applying a small amount of the product behind your ear or in the crease of your elbow. If no problems arise after 24 hours, then you will be able to proceed with your henna brows treatment. To give you a better idea of how the process is done, you may refer to the following details:
Cleansing and removal of oil from the skin
o On the day of your henna brows treatment, the first thing the technician will do is to thoroughly cleanse the area around your eyebrows. This is done to make sure that any sign of oil is removed. The product may not properly set if there is still some dirt and oil in the area.
Measuring and shaping the eyebrows
o This step is necessary to ensure that your eyebrows will follow the shape that you wish to have. You are encouraged to give your inputs during this step so that you will not regret how the final result will turn out.
Adding a barrier around your eyebrows
o The technician will apply a brow white paste around the eyebrows that will act as a barrier and give the defined shape of your preferred eyebrows. This is crucial since any error during this step may cause your eyebrows to look differently than what you are expecting.
Applying henna on your eyebrows
o This is a delicate step. It needs to be done carefully. The technician needs to make sure that the henna is pushed onto the skin. It needs to sit in between the hair to give a cleaner and fuller look. The henna will be applied sharply to make sure that it will look stunning. After the henna is applied, it will need around 10 to 20 minutes to develop.
o After the henna has sat and finished developing, the technician will then wipe your eyebrows. This is also a way to check if the product was properly applied, and there are no spaces that were not properly applied with henna. The customer may then opt to have additional services done on her eyebrows to let them become more defined.
Cost Of Henna Brows Treatment
The stain on the skin from getting a henna brows treatment is known to last between 1 to 2 weeks. The dye on the eyebrows is known to last between 6 to 8 weeks. However, this would depend on how often your eyebrows come in contact with water and sunlight. You should make sure that your eyebrows will not be exposed to water at least 48 hours after your henna brows treatment. The price of this type of eyebrow treatment can differ between salons since it would depend on the brand of henna that they are using. However, on the average, it may cost between CAD 45 to CAD 75 to have the treatment done by professionals.
Maintenance And After Care
Since the product that has been applied will last for a limited time only, one should remember these important points to let it stay as long as possible:
- As previously mentioned, the eyebrows should be kept dry within 48 hours after the treatment. They should not be exposed to water, steam, and sweat. Moisture is known to make henna fade faster. This is also the reason why the stain on the skin of women with oily skin fades earlier than those with dryer skin.
- Women who undergo henna brows treatment should avoid exposing themselves to the sun for long periods of time. Too much sun exposure can lead to henna fading quicker.
- It is highly advised that the customer avoid using exfoliating agents on her eyebrows. The henna stain will fade quicker if it is rubbed or exposed to rough textures.
- It is not advised for women to apply self-tanning products to the area within 24 hours after the treatment. This is to avoid altering the color of the tint.
- You may apply a brow fix solution on your eyebrow area on a daily basis. This will help your skin adapt. It will make the skin able to retain pigment better.
Pros of Henna Brows Treatment
After seeing that a henna brows treatment may be a bit costly for a product that may last only up to 2 weeks, one should also consider the pros of undergoing this type of treatment. These include:
- The treatment only takes 30 minutes at most. You can continue with your schedule after your treatment.
- There are various colors or tints that you can choose from. This makes it possible for women with different skin types to undergo henna brows treatment and not worry that the end result will not fit them.
- Unless you have skin disorders that may be in the form of dermatitis, burns, skin trauma, and swelling on your eyebrow area, this type of treatment can be given to most women.
- It is fairly safe to apply henna near the eyes and on sensitive areas of the skin. With its plant-based composition, henna is gentler on the skin.
- Henna brows can be used as a basis to see the color of the tint and shape of the eyebrows you would prefer to have on you. Henna brows can be used to test out different styles and colors before you can commit to getting a permanent eyebrows treatment. Before you get eyebrow tattooing or microblading, you can use henna brows as your trial run.
- With henna brows, you do not have to take up so much time fixing your eyebrows whenever you go to an event or even go on a vacation. Even if the stain has faded from your skin, you can easily apply your eyebrow makeup while following the outline on your eyebrows.
- This is a great treatment for women who have over plucked or sparse eyebrows.
- You can use the outline produced by the henna brows as a template for your makeup application technique. You can practice your makeup skills as you follow the lines.
- If you are attending an event, then you can schedule your henna brows treatment at least 2 to 3 weeks before the event. This will give you time to decide if you are okay with the result of your henna brows treatment. If you decide to go with a different color or shape, you can wait for the henna to fade after 1 week so that you can apply the fixes before the day of the event arrives.
Get Your Henna Brows Treatment From Expert Technicians
You may have heard that henna brows can be done at home with henna brows kits. However, you should always remember that precision and accuracy is required when applying the brow white paste to shape your eyebrows. Experts can do this for you without worrying about the possibility of drawing uneven lines. Also, it is crucial that the henna will be able to reach the skin in between the hair of your eyebrows. Self-application may lead you to miss out on some areas and can be the reason that your henna brows would not come out as expected. If you are looking to schedule a henna brows treatment with a reputable beauty salon in Ontario, Canada, do not hesitate to call O.P. Lashes at 1-647-424-1424. Our highly trained technicians will make sure that you will get the result that you are dreaming of.